Friday, December 31, 2010

"Winter from Promontory Point" watercolor












"Practice is the best of all instructors" Publilius Syrus

This past year of making drawings, paintings, and photographs each day for this blog has been about practice. I have learned that practice does not make perfect, rather it is about discipline. Just like any athlete, any artist must try, each day just try.And believe me that it has not been easy to come up with something each and everyday, but it had to be done. I have learned that the art process is about doing as much it is about thinking. One may have many thoughts and ideas, but it is all for not if one does not act upon it.

2011, what will it bring for Sketchbook J? Well my goal is to still try to do something each day. But I will be more prudent in what I post. Too much of what I have posted has been garbage, something done just to get it done. That means that I may not post each day, maybe only a few times a week. Just what I feel is worthy to put up on the web. I hope that this will improve the quality of my work, just not quantity.

I do hope most of all that people will still stop by Sketchbook J and see what is up, comment on what works as well as what doesn't.

I suppose that my wish for now is that we may all have something to practice, to learn from, to create, and to look forward to in this new year.

God Bless.

3 comments:

George Nolan said...

wonderful - Best Wishes for a Great 2011.

Dad

Chris said...

Congrats and well done! I have enjoyed each post.

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

Glad to hear you are still keeping the blog going into 2011. Congrats on a piece of art each day through 2010! That's a big accomplishment. I enjoyed seeing what you posted each day and look forward to your new works.