Monday, July 19, 2010

"Vieux Bergerac" oil painting 48" x 36"











The varnish has finally dried. This is an oil painting that I have been working on for the past month and a half. It is a painting of the old city center of Bergerac, a small French village in the Dordonge region of France. The reference is from a photograph that I took almost 18 years ago. Bergerac is most known for it's favorite son Cyrano de Bergerac (a french dramatist) whose life was fictionalized in the play by Edmond Rostand. It is a landscape that still lingers in my head and heart.

3 comments:

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

Oh wow. That is beautiful!

Kyle Schaugaard said...

I don't know why, but this reminded me of a graffiti artist I was recently introduced to. his name is "Banksy" and he's got a book called "Wall and Piece" that's worth checking out, but a quick google search will show you what he's all about.

Jay Nolan said...

Thanks for the comments.

I love BANSKY!
He did a couple of pieces here in Salt Lake and Park City during the Sundance film festival.