Thursday, February 4, 2010

"Starting Over" found object sculpture








Today I finished up a found object sculpture that I started with my Art Club kids. Once a week I work with a group of students after school. This week we did found object sculptures. I had them bring odds and ends that would usually find it's way to the junk pile. We then reassembled these items to create a new object to appreciate.
Some might say I desecrated a book. I believe that I just re imagined it. It found a new purpose as a platform for expressing the impact of technology. Many of the students I teach have spent there lives since birth surrounded by electronic technology. They have not known a world with out the Internet and cable TV.

1 comment:

MamaBug said...

Yay!! Thank you for switching your comment style for me. :D

This is really cool. So, what book did you desecrate? (Says the English major.) Totally kidding. I'm good with recycling. :D