Tuesday, May 4, 2010


Customized Longboard"Raven-Skull design"

















I have been working on the board for quite awhile. I cut the board out of 10 ply birch wood back in November. I only recently painted in the design with acrylic paint. I sketched out the design last week and then made a few changes while I painted it in. I wanted to use the tapered swallow tail design to give it a more dynamic silhouette. The design itself came from my own fascination with birds and skulls.
I am still not done with it. I need to put grip tape on it, a final coat of sealant, and then some longboard skating trucks. I might post ti again when everything is on it.

2 comments:

Lawon said...

The skate board looks awesome! I think Garrett will be impressed. Your blog is really going well and you have kept to your goal of a daily piece of work, despite all the craziness of our lives. I love you tons!!! Kiss! Kiss!

Unknown said...

Nice Jay! I love this piece! Good work!